Black Rain
June 21, 2019, 02:21:47 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: JK NORTHRUP-wired in the skin (2007)  (Read 4580 times)
lettardsbak

View Profile
« on: May 10, 2007, 11:52:01 pm »

hi everyone,I just purchased the new jeff northrup album today,aint had time to fully digest it yet but i will over the coming days,then i'll post a review for you guys to read,Sounds pretty good so far even though it starts with an instrumental(not a big fan of that kind of thing) it features the vocal talents of terry ilous(xyz,cage),johnny edwards(king kobra,montrose,foreigner) and ted poley(danger danger,bone machine,prophet) who share the 11 tunes on offer albeit 3 definate instrumentals,as always excellent axework from the mainman of the piece MR.northrup,a truly talented six stringer with a good ear for melodic rock  Cool

review coming soon....
« Last Edit: May 12, 2007, 10:15:25 am by lettardsbak » Logged

hi everyone,WELCOME TO AORDreamer
themetallian

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2007, 01:03:18 pm »

oh yeah, I gave a listen to it yesterday... pretty good ... and I did not expect it ...
Mike
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2007, 07:10:22 am »

Yeah, this one made it straight to my shopping list. Awesome album!  Cool
earthshaker5150

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2007, 01:12:36 am »

hi everyone,I just purchased the new jeff northrup album today,aint had time to fully digest it yet but i will over the coming days,then i'll post a review for you guys to read,Sounds pretty good so far even though it starts with an instrumental(not a big fan of that kind of thing) it features the vocal talents of terry ilous(xyz,cage),johnny edwards(king kobra,montrose,foreigner) and ted poley(danger danger,bone machine,prophet) who share the 11 tunes on offer albeit 3 definate instrumentals,as always excellent axework from the mainman of the piece MR.northrup,a truly talented six stringer with a good ear for melodic rock  Cool

review coming soon....

I picked up "Wired in My Skin" too, and enjoyed it so much that I went back and got his S/T and "Best Of" releases as well. His 2 CDs with Paul Shortino are excellent also. JK is a vastly underrated hard rocker IMO.  ;)

earthshaker5150
lettardsbak

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2007, 03:11:32 pm »

his self titled and the first shortino/northrup album "back on track" are his best stuff,love "girls like you" from back on track...classic Smiley

crimson-idol
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2007, 04:23:57 am »

Great album. and i loved the last song ( if i were James Taylor i could finish this song). Really recommended!!
lettardsbak

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2007, 10:17:56 pm »

Great album. and i loved the last song ( if i were James Taylor i could finish this song). Really recommended!!

probably the best song on it m8,ted poley sounds like he really enjoyed himself on this one Evil

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: